August 1, 2012

Kansas

i'm back.
i had the most wonderful time in Utah.
i miss the mountains i would see out my window every day i would wake up
i miss watching Korean sitcoms with Kent's sister, Hollie
i miss always stalked apple juice
i miss plastic cups with my name written on them with sharpie
i miss efy
i miss being in a new place
i miss talking with my sister.

I miss a lot about Utah..but you know what I missED more?

i missed my family's goofy way of communicating
i missed the dry Kansas heat and the Olympic runs we have from building to building to capture the AC
i missed my friend's inside jokes and activities
i missed my dog sticking her face in the couch cousin 
i missed my brothers clever inventions- like the angry bird course I found when I came home
i missed the trees (no trees in Utah)
i missed my dad's hugs
i missed my own hard bed and mushy pillows
i missed the hills that I grew up driving up and down
i missed my mailbox and the excitement I get when the mailman came 
i missed my mom's advice.

I do love my Kansas.

1 comment: