October 6, 2012

A mere 17 months

Words cannot describe how I am feeling right now!!!!!!

today was the beginning of General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
It comes up every April and October to hear from General Authorities of the Church about what we can do better and how we can better serve the Lord.

Today was a big day.

Dear President Monson has announced that the age to go on missions for Young men has been reduced from 19 to 18 and also reduced for women from 21 to 19!!!!!!

oh my goodness gracious. When this was announced, my heart swelled. I could not contain my joy as I hugged my mom and cried.

I have wanted to go on a mission for so long, and now it is that much closer.  I'm so thankful for missionary work and the joy and peace it can bring to accept Christ.
Thomas S. Monson

All day will I sing

"I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two I hope by then I will be ready to teach and preach and work as missionaries do."

'
My notes from today...and me as a missionary on a sticky note :) 
17 MONTHS AWAY!



1 comment:

  1. BOOYAH! Love this post. You will make a fantastic missionary!!!!

    ReplyDelete