June 8, 2013

today was ridiculously amazing

Let me tell you the wonderful story of today

Chapter one 

waking up at the perfect time of 9:35 to a peaceful and quite home, the light shining in from my window through my thin brown curtains.  Kiva curled up next to me still asleep.
Chapter two
watching my darling puppy get so excited as I say the word "walk" over and over, and seeing her run next to my bike, resting for a bit, but then getting excited all over again to run.  The perfectly calm wind blowing against our faces on the bright sunny morning.

Chapter three
Helping with a wonderful group of girls at a garage sale for the Oklahoma tornado victims, talking with strangers about the other local charities and the work they are doing for the disaster relief

Chapter four
curling up on my bed watching youtube videos of Sophia Grace and Rosie






Chapter five
getting a well needed haircut and talking with my hairdresser about the effects of words and the beauty and the darkness they can cause in a persons soul

Chapter six (my favorite chapter)
visiting my wonderful grandpa at the nursing home he is temporarily staying at, and eating a delicious meal with him and granny, meeting so many wonderful people with amazing lives and stories, and discovering a beautiful clock in memory of my great grandfather that I never knew existed.

Chapter seven
playing beach volleyball in the pouring rain with members of the singles branch I attend, getting soaked and so messy diving (and dancing) in the sand

Chapter eight
coming home to a home of smiles and laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment