June 17, 2012

the night before.

Well! Anna is married. its so weird to think about.. I had a lot of perspective come my way this past weekend.
On Friday, the Buys and Freeby family went to Kansas City to stay overnight for the wedding!  I was able to meet their other son, Derrick, and we set off lanterns into the sky! it was a real Tangled moment.




{me and mom}

                                          {Kent's sister Hollie and foreign exchange student, KyKy}

                                                                                  {Kent and Anna} <3


That night I was laying in the hotel bed next to Parker.  I started thinking about Anna and how I used to hate being her sister when we were little. She got to do all the cool stuff, she got all the new clothes while I just got her hammy downs.  I wished I would have looked at those situations differently.  My mom told me when I was younger that "when Anna went to college, I was going to miss her, and that is when we will become friends"  I thought yeah right. But she was right.  that is exactly what happened.  I love my sister and I did NOT want her to leave..

I started to cry and couldn't stop. I tried to be quiet because my family was sleeping and Anna was still up with Kent in the hall talking. When she came in I tried to hold my breath, but I couldn't breathe out of my nose because I was crying so much.  She obviously knew and came over to me and squeezed in the already over crowded bed.  She started talking to me like nothing had happened and we were just talking at home.  She told me about the funny mishaps that she had totally overlooked, like not packing pj's for the night before the wedding so she had to sleep in her day clothes.  She rubbed my back as we lay in bed and I felt at peace.  I wasn't loosing my sister.  She is always going to be there for me and we would still be bff's.  Its just now she had a new last name.  I stopped crying and fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment