December 30, 2012

Something you should know about me

A good song can make me cry. Pretty much any meaningful lyric can make me think of something or someone that I miss or love or cherish in someway...and I cry.

an example.
"giving up" by ingrid michaelson makes me think about someone that hurt me that I tried very hard to see me the way I saw them...and now I have to let them go

 

 
                                       
'Cause I am giving up on making passes

 and I am giving up on half empty glasses

and I am giving up on greener grasses

I am giving up
 
 

another:
"Vanilla twilight" by Owl City makes me think of my lovely friend Mara who was here from Germany as a foreingn exchange student who I consider my ture best friend. We sang this song so loud in my car the day she left

 
 
When violet eyes get brighter
And heavy wings grow lighter
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again
And I'll forget the world that I knew
But I swear I won't forget you
Oh if my voice could reach back through the past
I'd whisper in your ear:
"Oh darling I wish you were here"
 
 
 
"I won't give up" by Jason Maraz makes me think of a wonderful chapter in my life with a dear friend that makes me smile when I think of all the memories, but then sad when I think of the fact that we kind of did give up on our relationship when things got rough.

I won't give up on us

Even if the skies get rough

I'm giving you all my love

I'm still looking up
 
 
 
"Somewhere only We Know" -the david archuletta version  Reminds me of my sister and I and how we were so incompatable when she lived at home, but then when she left how we became so close, and we can now look back and see things differently in a way only we can know.
 
 

 
I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?
 
 
 
Those are only four of the songs that really get me.  I guess I'm sort of a hopeless romantic when it comes to inspired lyrics and I basically relate every aspect of my life to sappy songs. which is something I like
 
I'm sorry if this post was a little much.
But I am in love with music that makes a person feel.
And I thought I would share some of those with you

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment