April 8, 2013

focus on Christ

How amazing is the example of the Savior Jesus Christ!

Seriously. He is wonderful. He is PERFECT!

About a month and a half ago (February 24, 2013 to be exact)  I made a promise to myself. I had been given a lot of trials leading up to this date...I wasn't sure how to fix some things I had broken or forgive others for things that hurt me. I was very negative and spent all my time trying to figure out how to FIX. fix relationships mostly...But on February 24th, I was reading my scriptures and a thought came into my mind saying, "Focus on Christ, and He will do the fixing."  I covenented with myself and with Heavenly Father that that is what I would try to do...
It was harder than I thought...just sitting back, trying to be as Christ-like as I could and not jumping at every opportunity that I thought would be a good way to COMPLETELY solve everything...(usually these ended in only making the situation worse.)  But I got better...and I let things that were out of my control go...and I tried so very hard to put my trust in Christ.

and you know what?

things started getting fixed.

A relationship with a once-thought-lost friend was mended, and the Lord opened my eyes as I tried to serve her that she is so extraordinary. She is wonderful! and I am so blessed and glad to know her.
my self confidence increased too. I am realizing that I do not need the approval of others to make me happy, and that all I need is to seek the Lord's approval.

I really looked on this progression Christ has made in me...and I truly smiled a genuine, happy, spiritually content smile for the first time in a long while.

Repentance is possible and it is amazing. We can all become better through Christ and His example to us.  I do not know where I would be without His influence on my life. I love Him and I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that He lives, and He helps us NOW, in our lives today!  He cares about us and wants us to be happy. We need only focus on Him to find that happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment