June 19, 2013

walks with grandpa

>>Everyday this week after musical I have had the pleasure of visiting my lovely grandparents. I love them so much.  My grandpa just got home from a long time in the hospital and recovery at the local nursing home.  He and I go on walks and give Granny a break for a while.

 My grandpa amazes me.  I am so lucky to have him.  On one of our walks, I asked him to give me some advice about college and relationships and such...He usually isn't 100% aware of what's happening around him, but on our walk he spoke like a philosopher.

He told me that the success to any relationship is communication.  That if you were ever upset with your partner that you MUST tell them why, and while you do, they are not allowed to say a single word.  You get to speak and get everything off your chest and by the end, you usually don't feel mad anymore.  He told me stories about he and granny, newly married and in school searching for pop tabs on the street for some extra change.

 We walked to a short brick wall and he and I sat and talked some more.  I don't know why, but I decided to tell him about a heartbreak I went through, and how I felt that it was going to be really hard for me to trust anyone in college...He sat and looked at me while I cried about it and when I was done he put his arm around me and assured that I would find someone to love all of me because I was worth it.  He gave me a kiss on the head and we walked back to his home.  I love him to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment