June 19, 2013

Registered

Registration for college is now probably number 3 on my 'things that make me anxious list'.  For reals, I have rarely been that freaked out about anything.  Last night I spent 5 hours looking up all the classes I wanted to take this first semester and then looking up EVERY SINGLE teacher on ratemyprofessors.com determining which one I wanted as my 1st and 2nd choices and the time they taught and how my schedule would work with every single course combination. I had charts and everything.  I was ready to go.

6:50 rolled around that next morning.

Registration opened at 7:00.

I had all my codes ready to enter, by 6:59 I started refreshing the page so the link that said "registration closed" would turn into "registration open" without me missing it.  When 7:00 hit, I clicked that link so fast! I knew I was like THE first one....however to my horror....a grey screen appeared where the course list should have been...a message poped up saying that since I had refreshed the page so much, it could not take me to my desired link and to close out of the entire program and start again...

I remember screaming in my head...but nothing escaped my mouth.  I was furiously anxious.

I logged back out and back in..by this time it was 7:03 and I knew that 2,000 other incoming freshman were taking my seats.  My computer decided then to become a turtle in mud...It went so slow...I thought it was like crashing or something.  I ran upstairs to use my dad's computer...it was now 7:06 and I had NO classes.

by the time I got in, My first and Second choices for teachers for a lot of my classes had been taken.  I started shaking.  I took whatever I could, forgetting about what the websites had said.
I grabbed a few of the teachers I wanted and things were going ok, but then I tried to sign up for English...and apparently as a freshman you can only take 2 Foundation classes as a lecture, and if you want to take more you have to take them online.  Rearranging classes so I took some online and some not was a nightmare.  whatever.

I shed some tears and shook profusely...but it got done.   I am now a registered student at Brigham Young University-Idaho.

I will be taking

Missionary Preparation
Family Foundations
Math 108
American Foundations (online)
History/Philosophy of Education(online)
Jazz dance class (on a wait list)

I'm rather happy about the turn out even though it hardly followed the schedule I had worked so hard on.  Oh well, I'm sure all the classes will be lovely.  I'm just happy it is done.





No comments:

Post a Comment