September 22, 2013

Day 18


Day 18, Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you felt.


 I remember a lot about my dad. I love my dad. He is probably the best dad out there. He lets you make mistakes and lets you learn from them, but gives you council when you ask for it, and when he feels it is needed. He is probably the most spiritual man I know. He is also very funny. He would make up songs about almost EVERYTHING. and still sometimes does. I was about four and my sister was about 7. I'm sure he sang this song to us before then but this is the first time I remember it. We were leaving Dillion's Super Market. It was fallish and I was wearing a pink hooded sweatshirt. I don't know why, but I remember being really mad at Anna. I just was mad and didn't like her. Dad knew I was upset so offered to give me a piggy back ride to the car. I loved when my dad gave me piggy back rides. But I didn't really enjoy it since Anna was being a bum. But on our way back my dad started to sing a familiar song:

Claire Bear and Anna-kins
Two Sisters the best of friends,
Whenever one was feeling sad, 
the other one was there to make 'em glad
They're Claire Bear and Anna-kins
Two sisters the best of friends...


And I felt a little better. I felt happy to be Anna's sister again. :) Thanks Dad!








No comments:

Post a Comment