September 28, 2013

Day 25


Day 25, Saturday: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)


Last summer, I went to a church camp called "Especially For Youth" or "EFY".  It was an absolutely amazing experience and I loved every moment of it.  We were put into little families for the week that we went to different seminars and activities with. On our last day, we had a testimony meeting. It was so moving and I was able to learn from my wonderful friends.  After the meeting, we were walking back to our dorm rooms and started to sing. When we were hugging and saying goodbye, there were a lot of tears.  I for some reason didn't cry, but felt the love and spirit as I said goodbye to all of these wonderful people.  The last hug I got was from a guy named Alex.  I hadn't really gotten to know him as well as I would have liked, but it was the first time all week I had seen him emotional. (He was the funny guy in our group)  He came up to me in tears and wrapped his arms around me.  He told me that I was such a good example to him.  I hugged him so hard. I hadn't even realized that I had been an example to anyone, and to know that I had been a blessing to someone was an answer to a prayer. I was so grateful for Alex for telling me that, and for making me feel like I was loved and doing something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment