August 12, 2012

family and mosquito bites

for every birthday, holiday, anniversary and so on, my lovely family (including the aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins) that live somewhat nearby get together and have a festive gathering. 

there is always the same schedule with these parties

h'orderves
dinner
cake
presents
talking for a while 
departure 

after 17 years of this...you can imagine I have it in mind how it will go..

but tonight I noticed something different: 

my grandpa taking twice as long to eat his food, not telling his famous stories..even when my dad begs him..

I realized we might not be having these parties for very much longer..I kinda kept quiet when I thought that. 
I absolutely love my family..and I can't imagine them not in it, it would not be the same..

I am so grateful for the knowledge that families are forever...with out that...I'm not sure I could go on.

the kids with granny and grandpa <3
I love them
............................................................................................................

last night, I had another little party with the Becoming Girls group. (Its a group where young girls come to learn about growing up and being a friend. I mentor the 5th soon to be 6th grade girls.)

we played night games at the adult leader's house. IT WAS SO FUN! 
capture the flag was made super intense.

the only bad news: I have about 28 mosquito bites all over my person..

no fun.
.................................................................................................


Look for the METEOR SHOWER tonight!!! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment